ASIST Day 2
November 16 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm$150
15 Credit Hours
ASIST is a 2-day training occurring from November 15 – November 16.
Open to anyone interested in suicide prevention (30 registration slots available).
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care