Teens to WACH
LRADAC and WACH FOX are looking for role models in the Midlands who are:
- Juniors and Seniors in high school...
- Alcohol and Drug free…
- Achieved Academic Success
- Providing a valuable service to this community...
- Interested in being recognized on television for your efforts.
Year after year, the number one community concern is alcohol and other drug abuse among teens. WACH FOX and LRADAC are addressing this issue through the Teens to WACH project, an on-air and in-school campaign.
During the 2012-2013 school year, a junior or senior high school student in the Midlands will be recognized monthly for promoting a drug-free lifestyle and making a positive impact in the community. The WACH Fox viewing area consists of Lexington, Richland, Saluda, Fairfield, Kershaw, Calhoun, Newberry, Lee, Sumter, Clarendon and Orangeburg counties.
Benefits for the Student:
- Featured spot on WACH FOX!
- Opportunity to win scholarship money for school!
Benefits for the School:
- Opportunity to showcase successful students!
- Positive community recognition!
- Award nominations will be accepted by SCHOOL PERSONNEL ONLY (guidance counselors, administrators, teachers, coaches, nurse, club advisor, etc.).
- Please fill out the application completely, keep a copy for your records and send in the original.
- Prior to receiving the "Teens to WACH" award, the teen's parent or legal guardian must sign a form releasing their child's information, as well as approving any pictures and tapings to promote the project.
- Each application must include one letter of recommendation
If you have any questions, please call 803.726.9423 or e-mail Ashley Bodiford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Download the Teens to WACH Nomination Form!